Sunday, November 17, 2013

Halloween

This was my first year at a center that celebrates Halloween. I was so excited to get to dress up and have fun with this holiday. I was assigned games for that week and after some dollar store perusing I came up with this awesome glow in the dark ghost ring toss game. I didn't have a blog at the time so I didn't even think to take pictures of the process, but it was super easy. 

Items to buy:
1 piece of foam board (like poster board but much thicker)
1 package of glow stick bracelets

Items to have on hand:
Pencil or pen
Exacto knife
Some kind of clear tape (I used packing tape)

Cut out the general shape of a ghost from your foam board. This doesn't need to be exact. Connect 2 of your bracelets together (these will be one eye). Place them in the area you want your eyes to be and trace around the inside of the circle. Grab 2 more bracelets and add them to the circle you already have, this will be your mouth. Place your mouth circle where you want it and trace around the inside. Use your Exacto knife to cut out your holes. Connect all the necessary pieces to make both your eyes. Then just tape them around the holes you made. Use 3-4 sticks to make individual rings for tossing. We leaned our ghost up against a stack of blocks and this worked just fine and gave it a nice angle for tossing. The rings are light enough that it won't get knocked down when the kids toss them. This is an excellent gross motor activity and the kids had a great time playing in the dark. 


1 comment:

  1. What a fun and easy game! I can't wait to do this with my son!

    ReplyDelete