Sunday, November 17, 2013

Welcome

I've decided to start a blog to share some of my ideas for teaching. I'm a preschool teacher in Connecticut at what I like to call a cooperative teaching center. Basically what that means is that we have one "class" and 4 teachers. Our kids interact as a complete unit through most of their day. In the hour before lunch we break into small learning groups where the children are instructed in a more traditional setting. What I love about this is that most of their day is spent in playful exploration but we still get to spend structured time with each child where we can focus on their individual needs. Through this blog I will share ideas that I have created on my own, links to ideas, blogs and sites that I love or have inspired me and projects I've created or altered to meet the needs of our classroom and kids. I hope you enjoy and come back to see what's new!

No comments:

Post a Comment